Largest Contentful Painting (LCP) (CWVs) is one of Google’s primary web vitals. How can someone fix Largest Contentful Paintaing? In detail, how do you repair Largest Contentful Paint? LCP is an essential user-centric assessment of how fast the biggest image or text block renders on a website page, according to Web.dev.
LCP contributes to improved organic Google rankings as well as strong rankings in search engines. Images, video poster pictures, background images, and block-level text elements like paragraph tags are common items measured in LCP.
Best LCP and Poor LCP
According to Google, the following factors are taken into account when you want to fix Largest Contentful Paint.
Google states the following specific elements are considered for Largest Contentful Paint;
- <img> elements
- <image> elements inside an <svg> element
- <video> elements (the poster image is used)
- An element with a background image loaded via the url() function (as opposed to a CSS gradient)
- Block-level elements containing text nodes or other inline-level text elements children.
The time is measured in milliseconds.
To fix Largest Contentful Paint
Improving important Core web vitals helps to fix Largest Contentful Paint (LCP) for better google Pagespeed insights. A high-quality user experience is indicated by a good LCP. The biggest picture or text block should render in less than 2.5 seconds, according to Google.
The most common causes of a poor LCP are:
- Slow server response times
- Slow resource load times
- Client-side rendering
Slow Server response time
A slow response time means that the browser takes too long to get information from the server, which makes it hard for the user to load pages quickly. Your site’s load speed as a whole will improve along with your average page load time if you upgrade to a server that is more powerful.
Use Time to First Byte (TTFB) to assess server response times, then use the tips below to improve them:
- Optimize your server
- Use local CDNs
- Cache images, text, and more
- Serve HTML pages cache-first
- Establish third-party links early
A poor LCP will negatively affect SEO;
- Lower organic search traffic
- Tribulation in ranking on a page to the top for desired keywords and terms.
- Decreased ad revenue.
- High bounce rates